Saturday, May 13, 2006

ladkiyon ke naatak

the difference between auburn and red is GLARING when it's the colour on your hair. pata nahin mujhe kya bhoot chadhaa, i thought i'll get my hair coloured. after all these years of having the same colour, i thought, maybe a change will be nice.

so i excitedly walk into the salon, and tell them what i want. they show me a range of coloured hair strips, and i pick one which is really just dark brown, and shines a lovely auburn in the sun. i imagine myself with hair highlighted with a beautiful colour, shining gloriously in the sun, and i let them bring it on. they do their job, while i happily dream away, little knowing what the end result is going to be like.

not only has she highlighted too many strands, she has screwed up the shade as well. now, i look like a junkie from amsterdam, with bright red streaks on my hair. where's the elegant, graceful woman who was supposed to walk out of that door in my shoes?

i have been told that after a few washes, the brightness of the colour will subside, and then it'll look closer to the colour i chose. and pigs fly.

and no, the hublet hasn't seen it yet. he will see it today, and will probably want to hide behind a mask, to not be seen walking around with me.

SIGH!

10 Comments:

Blogger kundalini said...

this was a hilarious read. am sure it isnt as bad as you make it sound tho!

make the most of this time dee. you can forget about leisurely visits to the salon for a while after :D.

2:14 AM  
Blogger wildflower seed said...

"junkie from amsterdam"

Tsk, tsk! :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger sattva said...

g, how i wish it was better than i make it sound!!!

vb, thanks for your sympathy :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Sushma Sabnis said...

think u shud be happy and with streaks of flaming orange(was it?)..its a very happy colour..i might do something like that soon..im thinkig of neon streaks.:)

9:40 AM  
Blogger D said...

"Supposed former infatuated Junkie" :)).
Last week I visited a salon in school campus; almost after a year. The guys were really discussing heavy what to do with my long hair (for first time in life I heard this kinda conversation!!)..neway they were really upset to know I want a cut as smallest as possible!! lol :).

wish u were Hair :))

12:36 PM  
Blogger sattva said...

sushma, i'm learning to deal with hair that looks like it's on fire (flaming is right :)). happy colour, defi. except hublet can't get over it. neon will be REALLY sumthing :)

gift, :) for both the music puns. i watched a guy with long hair get his hair cut, tho' not short. more like styled...very funky.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Sh said...

Oh my Gosh! Really funny. I had decided many years back never touch my hair for any of such fancy stuff. Reading your posts - reinforces my decision :)

I hope the color you wanted shows up real soon :)

5:33 AM  
Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

Hmm, don't know who I feel sorrier for...you or him :-) Just kidding. I'm planning a similar experiment in the near future so, who knows, you may get a chance to get your own back at me if my hair ends up looking weird :-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger sattva said...

shivani, i'd made exactl;y the same decision, until i had too much time on hand :)

gotj, thank u for sympathising with the hubby, when i'm the one who has to look into the mirror everyday :) pl get yr hair done SOON, can't wait to have a co-sufferer...but if they do a good job, don't bother telling me!

10:27 AM  
Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

haha. they can ruin a destiny. these hair dressers :)
All you can do is Pray to God !!!:)

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home