Wednesday, April 26, 2006

visa dreams and nightmares

o visa officer, please let me be,
isn't it too much what u ask of me?

passport, photos, pay-slips, papers,
proof of residence and so much more.

proof that i am not a criminal
proof that i will return for sure.
proof that someone there wants me
proof that i will be paid for.

proof that i am my friend's friend
proof that i am my husband's wife
proof that i am unemployed
proof that i've had 30 years of life.

proof that i have travelled wide, indeed
that that too without any black deed ,
that each time i flew i did come back
without any bombs in my ruck-sack.

but all this proof is still not enough
must you be haughty, be so tough?
you give me nightmares while u sleep so well
my life in your hands, isn't that swell?

yet i cherish my visa dream
that the time will come when you can't scream
for i will use potter's invisible cloak
and through the world i will happily float.

i won't EVER need a visa,no one will dare ask
for if they do, i will take them to task.
this time around it will be me
who will have you grovel for mercy.

o visa officer, don't forget
what u do is what you get
the day you retire and want to fly
my child may be your visa officer,
you can kiss your visa goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home